Let me start out by saying that I’m not lying when I use the word Raisin in the title – I had to substitute raisins with dates while making this recipe on this particular day because of two reasons.
1. I have a child who hates raisins.
2. We were out of them (:
So as you can see this would work with any dried fruit you prefer (even dates) but for the sake of how it’s usually made, I’m sticking to the traditional ingredient of raisins as I list the ingredients.
I also used Hard Red Wheat in this recipe due to the extra flavors and spices that are in it. The wheati-ness of the hard red did not over power the flavor of the whole loaf.
- 1 1/2 Cups warm (100 degree) water
- 1 TBS Coconut oil (liquid state)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 1/2 Cups Freshly Milled Hard Red Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 1/2 tsp Active Instant Yeast (SAF)
- 1/4 Cup Thick Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Raisins (or chopped dates or dried fruit of your choice)
- Extra Cinnamon from spice shaker
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1 TBS Rolled Oats
- Cinnamon & Sugar in a Shaker
Bread Machine Directions…
Place first nine ingredients into bread machine in the order given. Turn bread machine on to ‘dough only’ setting and wait for the ‘additions’ beep. If you don’t have an ‘additions beep’ on your machine, set a timer for about half way through what the total dough making process is. For example: If your machine says total time is an hour and a half – set a timer for 45 minutes.
When timer or machine beeps – add raisins (or dried fruit) and thick rolled oats.
I made mine in the new All American Sun Oven!