Gingerbread and pancakes were just bound to come together, what a great combination. Take those to and add some whole grain flour and we have a healthy treat for breakfast, or if you are like us we eat pancakes for lunch or dinner also.
I made these gingerbread pancakes as part of the WonderMill Whole Grain Pancake Challenge. I always grind my spelt wheat on the pastry fine setting on my WonderMill grain mill.
- 1¾ cup freshly milled Spelt Flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- ⅛ Nutmeg
- ⅛ Cloves
- ¼ All Spice
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Milk
- 1¼ cup Water
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- Pre-heat electric griddle to 375 degrees..
- Add all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add all wet ingredients into a 2nd mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredient mix to wet ingredient mixing bowl and whisk till it just comes together.
- Lightly spray your hot griddle with cooking spray.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle.
- I cook these pancakes 2 minutes per side, this may vary on your griddle.
These are also great with syrup and a little whip cream on the top or even a caramel sauce.